see also: https://github.com/WICG/floc#federated-learning-of-cohorts-floc
updated peertube to v3.1.0: https://github.com/Chocobozzz/PeerTube/releases/tag/v3.1.0
watching streams might be more stable now
Due to a recent event on a different Mastodon instance, we feel like embolden you, that in case you run into a bad actor, that must be suspended asap (such as a very mean troll), you are very welcome to contact us directly, if you feel like we are acting late.
Enforcing our rules and keeping this a happy and clean place, is very important to us.
fyi: recent updates to the #tchncs.de website include:
* "proper" first version of a contact page
* unified relevant subpages with /matrix, adding headings
* improved layout on the service-list
* fixes and improvements for smaller screens on many places
* more userfriendly modal für getting/verifying my pgp key
* added pixelfed tile to the service-list
* some added translations to german
* finally proper page-metatags with fallback
* and some more little things
i slowly should move mastodon to that new host... it seems that almost no timewindow is really nice for it based on user activity, but i need to do a maintenance on the database as well:
we previously had some errors due to duplicates in the db which have been resolved by hand. the new mastodon release brings a tool that can scan the database for leftovers... for a healthy migration and future.
i think i will do it tomorrow morning. #tchncs
A message from your social.tchncs.de team:
In regard to the recent events regarding a certain head of state, we'd like to remind you that content containing proven misinformation and/or conspiracy is one of the things not allowed here.
In case you consider looking up the rules of this instance, you can do so here:
the #tchncs peertube instance at https://tube.tchncs.de is the first on the new machine. it will share its space with mastodon again. however currently:
* more users can signup with a hcaptcha plugin being tested
* livestreaming is testwise enabled with max 3h, 4 streams concurrently are allowed, one stream per user. transcoding currently only 480p (in addition to original)... this might change.
by the way, i have changed the patreon pledges to euro and hope that the payout now finally becomes euro too. #tchncs
⬆️ The social.tchncs.de server has been updated to Mastodon v3.3.0.
This is a big release, check out the changelog for details: https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/releases/tag/v3.3.0
Consider refreshing the site and enjoy. :)
Our #Plume instance at https://write.tchncs.de has been updated to the 0.6.0 release.
changelog: https://git.joinplu.me/Plume/Plume/src/tag/0.6.0/CHANGELOG.md #tchncs
updated this instance to mastodon v3.2.2 - a backport release. the big one some of you are already waiting for is still a release candidate. :)
Odd humor and very Milan - autodidactic SysAdmin and Photodude,
also very Admin of tchncs.de and @illunaminetest.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!