What the heck of the day goes to... #github https://github.com/github/feedback/discussions/8535 #sysadmin #devops #rant
WTF of the day: #python cryptography:
- requires Rust since a few releases
- doesn't provide wheels for Alpine Linux
- doesn't provide armv7 wheels for supported distributions
- rust version provided by nearly every distro is too old for cryptography
- I wanted to use latest rust on armv7/python:3.9-alpine docker container to build cryptography
- `rustup` does not work on armv7
If someone is looking for a tool to publish readme's to quay.io and/or dockerhub https://github.com/christian-korneck/docker-pushrm works well for me. #docker #devops #automation
For everyone working with Ansible, I have written a small tool to generate role documentation from static role files and annotation-like comments.
Hopefully someone else will find it helpful. Pull Requests, Issues, Ideas are welcome :)
Linux Engineer, open source enthusiast and a
self hosting geek.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!