WTF of the day: #python cryptography:
- requires Rust since a few releases
- doesn't provide wheels for Alpine Linux
- doesn't provide armv7 wheels for supported distributions
- rust version provided by nearly every distro is too old for cryptography
- I wanted to use latest rust on armv7/python:3.9-alpine docker container to build cryptography
- `rustup` does not work on armv7
I've used a ton of blogging software over the years. The one thing that's given me very little pain: file-based storage, or more specifically, Markdown files. An appreciation post.: https://rusingh.com/articles/2021/02/12/markdown-appreciation/
Use secuity token they said...
Docker drives me crazy these days... Looks like a lot is changing but as a result things are half-broken all the time:
- Docker repo for Ubuntu 20.04 armhf --> broken
- Docker arm32v7/docker:dind-20 image --> missing
- cgroup v1/2 mess before Docker 20
- systemd issues with the early Docker 20 stable releases
Brave New World 🎉
the lovely folks over at HostingAdvice.com interviewed us about the way we work, what we have to offer, and what's special about uberspace - have a look! 🎉
Its use as a non-supported version of RHEL 8 is ending in just over a year.
It's use as a secondary Fedora is continuing.
If you want stability without bleeding you'll need to find a new distro.
#muffet is a link checker.
muffet is a tool that scrapes and checks all links on a website recursively. muffet reports the response codes for all available URLs. muffet supports outputting to JSON, following robots.txt or the sitemap.xml, non-recursive operation, and colorized output.
Website 🔗️: https://github.com/raviqqe/muffet
If you want a ca. 2007 #sysadmin job, apparently here's your big break: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Senior+Network+System+Administrator&c=Medata&l=Irvine,+CA&jk=d2d977ae14fdcb57&rtk=1em7j5mul308u000&from=rss
👋 Looking for a new challenge? ownCloud is growing. We are looking for versatile team players in sysadmin, marketing, customer success and sales. Join us on our mission for more digital sovereignty, data protection and security! Apply here: https://owncloud.com/career/
Linux Engineer, open source enthusiast and a
self hosting geek.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!